• MorganL
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
Admin!

9 years ago, there was an idea
4 years ago that idea was mentioned again
3 years ago, necessity made that idea a necessity and planning began
1 year ago it was nearly done

I started programming HARD and wrote an almost complete component for J1.5 then I discovered cook and made a few small projects.

Then you improved the system and I realised that the code in your components was sublime, and I made a hard decision..

I realised I had to think to the future and even though what I was working on represented many years of painful experience and coding and long hours.. I took all the things I had learned from the last 3 years and scrapped my project that was at 90% and taking just the diagrams and flowcharts, I recreated in your builder.. put it all into a basic 5300+ point framework on your creator and tonight I downloaded it.. finally the builder part was over.. its taken a good couple of months

I know v2 beta is not yet complete, but the code I have is enough for me to now begin the hard work of recreating the engines and processes, custom ajax and jquery etc to turn this framework into a fully featured app over the next month. Now I will be using the framework in your generated component and the lessons its has taught me and doing a job that is not only cutting edge and modern, but also future proof.

Still using the builder app, not going anywhere, but J-Cook will be remembered when THIS component goes properly live,

So a HUGE thank you for all the time and effort you have put into J-Cook, it is a timesaver, and a training tool all in one
Morgan Leecy MCSE

Novell / Linux
PHP. MYSQL, Apache, node.js
Coldfusion, JQuery, HTML5
Joomla
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2012 22:28 by MorganL.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin, VeCrea, JoomGuy
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

Get Started