Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I don't want TABLE

I don't want TABLE 15 Feb 2012 17:35 #1331

• thierry
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

Instead to have a basic table in the frontend I need to have a very different presentation. You can see the expected picture here downloading a pdf file of two pages : TELECHARGER PDF
Can I do that with COOK ?

Thank you very much indeed for your help.

Regards

Thierry
Last Edit: 16 Feb 2012 20:41 by admin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I don't want TABLE 15 Feb 2012 21:22 #1332

• iconvisual
  • Keen Joomla! 1.7 Developer
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Thierry,

Welcome to j-cook!

We want to assist you, however your attached PDF file is not readable. When opened as a PDF it is empty.

Can you please describe as best you can what you want to achieve? We will do our best to answer your questions always.

Regards,

Edward.
Keen Joomla! and PHP/MySQL developer. Excited about J-Cook.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Re: I don't want TABLE 16 Feb 2012 11:16 #1335

• thierry
edwardcox wrote:
Hello Thierry,

Welcome to j-cook!

We want to assist you, however your attached PDF file is not readable. When opened as a PDF it is empty.

Can you please describe as best you can what you want to achieve? We will do our best to answer your questions always.

Regards,

Edward.

Good morning,

I change the file, sorry for the unreadable one. You have now a new link, format is .png : CLICK HERE

Thank you for watching.

Regards.
Last Edit: 16 Feb 2012 11:34 by thierry.

Re: I don't want TABLE 16 Feb 2012 11:31 #1336

• iconvisual
  • Keen Joomla! 1.7 Developer
  • Thank you received: 5
Wow, they say a picture paints a thousand words and your picture did just that.

I see what you are trying to achieve. A specific layout on the front end which is a matrix/table layout.
As such j-cook will not, in my opinion, provide that layout (I wish!). But, the good news is that the component that j-cook builds is so open and flexible that you can add that type of functionality - with some PHP, Javascript and time.

I'm not an expert php developer so I wont pretend to know how to achieve this. Sorry that I couldn't give you more positive news except that it can be achieved with extra work. I'm thinking jQuery UI/Grid.

Hang in there, remember that j-cook does 99% of the work for you that might otherwise take many hours to do.

Regards,

Edward
Keen Joomla! and PHP/MySQL developer. Excited about J-Cook.

Re: I don't want TABLE 16 Feb 2012 11:48 #1337

• thierry
Thank you for your answer.

But within cook we have the trash basket you can move everywhere you want.
I want furthermore to be able to move my flight schedulle along the time line and it will adapt the time automatically.

Is jQuery UI/Grid easy to use for such a newbie as me ?
I'm going to have a look to this to get an idea.

Once again thank you for your answer.

Re: I don't want TABLE 16 Feb 2012 13:22 #1340

• VeCrea
  • Platinum Member
  • Absolute JCook fan
  • Thank you received: 100
JQuery UI is possible but can be a pain in Joomla because Joomla uses MooTools by default. This topic has been discussed many times here so i won't come back on it right now.
Anyway, i didn't really understand what you try to achieve, but Cook outputs many tables to present the data. You can replace them with "divs" in the Views folder of your composant (www.yoursite.com/your_component/views for the frontend or www.yoursite.com/administrator/your_component/views for the backend).
Finally, let me say that if you have no experience in css and html to position the elements correctly, what you try to achieve won't be easy, but as edward says, Cook helps very much to get it functionnal quickly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iconvisual

Re: I don't want TABLE 18 Apr 2012 05:50 #2042

• K2Joom
  • K2 Templates, Extensions & Support
  • Thank you received: 1
Consider that JCook uses Joomla MVC so it is easy to make a template over ride for you component, this will allow your components core code to remain unchanged but allow you to make changes to your template files.
Of course, if you make significant changes to the Page layouts in JCook, make a new download and install, then your over ride may not call in any new functions.

How is your standard table looking, just to get an idea of what your data table layout looks like to get an idea what we are working from?

There will definatley be some additional html/php/css required to group some of that data together.
Regards,

Simon Wells
K2Joom
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Get Started