Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: upload limit in sandbox

upload limit in sandbox 29 Jun 2015 15:54 #13302

Hello,

first of all this component creator is amazing. I really like it. I have a problem in sandbox testing.
In my form an admin can upload 20 images. They are all under 100 kb. The form processes 17 images, the missing ones won't be processed. Even afterwards if I try to upload image 18 Joomla writes "Item saved" but the image is not uploaded.

Same with media manager. I can not post a screenshot here in the forums because Kunena writes:
Notice: Failed to upload file 'image.jpg': You need to use allowed image extension (jpg,jpeg,gif,png). Same with png.

If I download the component and install it on my server it works.

Furthermore I'd be happy if you could increase the upload limit from 2MB to let's say 8MB, because my form can't handle uploading a PDF with 7MB in sandbox mode. I'd like to collect my dataset in sandbox.

If I can collect data on my server and export the component this way I would change it but I need a place to collect the data for my customers.

Thank you in advance for help and answers.
Last Edit: 30 Jun 2015 10:29 by medienmodernisierer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

upload limit in sandbox 30 Jun 2015 14:58 #13303

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
  • Thank you received: 984
Hi,

This forum does not accept files uploads. If you want to place a screenshot, you can use an image host.

If you want to manage your files, you can go to the media manager of Joomla, in the sandbox, from there you can manage and delete some files to free the memory.
It is true 2MB is not enough in some cases, and also because it is shared in betweens all your components, I should enlarge it at least for paying users but for the moment I have too much work to do. I will do that in future. For the moment it works good, and it is much easier for me and for backups, and so.
Increasing memory for users is making me dealing with exponential memory uses and i do not want for the moment. Sandbox is for trying your component. You can fill some tables lists, but thinking of putting heavy datas in the dataset, humm, this is not the idea.

About your PDF, what you can do is to use a PDF with the same name, but lightweight, and then after download of your component, just replace it manually in the files. It is really simple. Repackage again after it, and you are done.

Hope it helps.
Kind Regards.
J.
Coding is now a piece of cake

upload limit in sandbox 01 Jul 2015 07:47 #13304

Thank you. When I choose between 3 different component creators I choosed yours because of the sandbox feature and using the data in the component easy.
That was my intention to say it's worth that money to me. Other creators have different features that I did not need. I hope you will make enough money with this to increase the limits for paying customers, because it would be really comfortable to use the sandbox then.

Your suggestion to use small PDFs works and I will change my structure of the images and plans for the component to get rid of the image problem, but its a pity that it can not be created and used as planned in the sandbox.

upload limit in sandbox 10 Jul 2015 14:17 #13318

• Romkabouter
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 131
I see the sandbox as a development environment.

For testing I use a local server, for acceptence a subdomain and the a production environment

O: Builder/ Sandbox
T: Local server stack (MAMP PRO in my case)
A: Subdomain or another online host
P: Live site
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

upload limit in sandbox 12 Jul 2015 10:22 #13324

I agree for this, but I'd like to export the data easily to install it on different sites later, too.
So how does the sandbox do this? I would need an easy update package then I'd consider packing my data on localhost.

One more thing to mention: If you change something in J-Cook it won't be installed in an upgrade installation. So I always have to uninstall the component and install it clean. This way I am also losing data that has previously been added.
Last Edit: 12 Jul 2015 10:23 by medienmodernisierer.

upload limit in sandbox 12 Jul 2015 15:36 #13325

• Romkabouter
  • Elite Member
You do not have to uninstall your component, just reinstall the component.
That way you will not loose your data.

Also, if you have a database change, you can use the standard Joomla update system for that.
docs.joomla.org/J2.5:Managing_Component_...s_(Update_SQL_files)

I will post my structure here later :)
Last Edit: 12 Jul 2015 15:39 by Romkabouter.

upload limit in sandbox 12 Jul 2015 15:43 #13326

If you change the database structure you will have to uninstall unless you do not use Joomla updates.
The sql update xml option is a good way that I will check out, but sandbox also delivers uploads not only sql data.

upload limit in sandbox 12 Jul 2015 15:49 #13327

• Romkabouter
  • Elite Member
medienmodernisierer wrote:
If you change the database structure you will have to uninstall unless you do not use Joomla updates.
You can also create your own database updates by editing (and every time you download your component) script.php and create code in the postflight function.
So using joomla is better for this I think, but when you have a DB change, you have to update your component version.
medienmodernisierer wrote:
The sql update xml option is a good way that I will check out, but sandbox also delivers uploads not only sql data.
What do you mean by "uploads"?

upload limit in sandbox 12 Jul 2015 17:07 #13328

E.g. if you create a form with fields to upload an image - these images will be added to the component if they have been uploaded in the sandbox.
But its okay - that "workaround" works.

upload limit in sandbox 12 Jul 2015 17:28 #13329

• Romkabouter
  • Elite Member
I see what you mean, but that kind of testing would be more appropriate for a T(est) environment, not a Development.
It is best to use the Sandbox only for creating masterdata like default categories or something similar.

I can see why you like this, but I think admin had created the Sandbox as a development environment and it is the idea that you should set up the testing en production environments for yourself.

For updating the database, I have the following structure:
www.onrequest.nl/images/component_structure.png

My merge_create.bat and my release_trailrides.app merge the fork folder with the generated folder to the rtm (release to market) folder and create an installable zip archive.

I have also wrote something about that here:
http://www.j-cook.pro/index.php/forum/coding-inside-your-component/10932-forking-maintaining-your-project#13101
Last Edit: 12 Jul 2015 17:30 by Romkabouter.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Get Started