Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: JOOMLA - FoF/F0F - AWF

JOOMLA - FoF/F0F - AWF 20 Aug 2014 09:07 #12595

• Tomaselli
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 87
I missed latest news in the joomla community.
What's going on?

is Joomla! team giving away the whole work done by the joomla developers community to some big companies?!

FoF/F0F seems it is going to die at a some point, to be honest I don't see any public extension developed with it, and to me the jcook is the fastest way to develop a component (RAD Rapid Application Development.....like someone says :) )

AWF (Akeeba Web Framework. it claims to be, at a some point, an universal framework to develop extensions for joomla, wordpress and maybe drupal, in one shot!) seems VERY VERY interesting, I don't know if I should wait to see some working beta release or contribute on it, the Idea could also bring some interesting business into the joomla community (it's the largest in the world).
Last Edit: 20 Aug 2014 10:37 by Tomaselli.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

JOOMLA - FoF/F0F - AWF 22 Aug 2014 10:10 #12601

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
  • Thank you received: 984
Hi Tomaselli,

The change of version from GPL to Less GPL is really a pain for developpers who have written inside the Framework. The people who have contributed to it (thinking it will remain GPL forever) has been deceipt and some of them will not anymore contribute.

GPL and open source is more than simply sharing the code for free, it is all about the support of a different phylosophy.
If a library is GPL, then the final product MUST be GPL (If I understood well). So, it is more an activist and philosophical battle.
(I have been engaged in many policical fights and so I can understand, honestly.)
Opening the framework to LGPL, others projects will be able to reuse it more easily, without beiing purely GPL.
It is discutable, but at least, it might be used, so contributed also, by a larger number of people.

The baby is not dead. For me it is not changing nothing. Maybe a reborn, obviously it will be used by much more people.
Let's wait and see...

FoF is great and I can't wait for AWF !!!

I am looking forwards, and obviously Cook is taking this direction and following Akeeba. For sure.
Coding is now a piece of cake
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Get Started