Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [FAQ - FIXED - SOLVED] Joomla 3.4 compatibility

Blank screen after component inst. in Joomla 3.4 26 Feb 2015 17:08 #12852

• Ferm
  • Thank you received: 6
I just came back to J-cook for another project and it is even better than last time I used it. Please keep up the excellent work!!!

It seems to me that there might be a problem with Joomla 3.4.0. I just upgraded from 3.3.6 to 3.4.0 and when I install a component from j-cook, I get a blank screen after the installation and when I select the component in the back end, I get the same white screen.

I tested this on a fresh Joomla installation with the simplest component possible with one table with one field, one list and one item view in the back end. On Joomla 3.4.0 I get a white screen but on 3.3.6 (and 2.5) it works just fine.

I haven't had time to run it in the debugger yet, but the Apache error log is:

Fatal error: Class 'JSubMenuHelper' not found in /var/www/test/administrator/modules/mod_submenu/mod_submenu.php on line 12, referer: http://localhost/test/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer

Are others getting this as well?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Blank screen after component inst. in Joomla 3.4 28 Feb 2015 14:52 #12859

• BTB300
  • Thank you received: 130
I guess our Master Chef Admin is hard at work bringing us the new version of Cook Builder and the quick answer would be I guess... The builder only shows Joomla 3.2 option at the moment although most seems to work on 3.3.x

But I did notice after a lengthy absence myself there is an option in component options for builder version "on the edge (beta 2.6.6)" have you tried building with that?
Last Edit: 28 Feb 2015 14:58 by BTB300. Reason: Added more detail

Blank screen after component inst. in Joomla 3.4 28 Feb 2015 15:04 #12861

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
  • Thank you received: 984
Oh no...
I am currently looking that.

For the sandboxes, in fact it is because it is hard work to prepare a sandbox because I hack it a lot for securities and multiusers admins. Hey, guess you have noticed that you are a real admin in the sandboxes. lol. Everything is well protected by strong hacks.

So, now I am testing the sandbox automator that prepares me a sandbox in 10 seconds. It is actually the work of today after I saw this 3.4.0 problem.

If you activate your errors, you can see and error with 'JSubMenuHelper'. I am checking in this direction and then I will check your component. It will be fixed today.

What I do not understand is why 3.4.0 is still using 'JSubMenuHelper' in mod_submenus while it is deprecated and apparently causing error.
Why Joomla is not keeping backwards compatibilities ??? pffff. Really tired sometimes. In facts I have stuff more interresting to do instead, like for example the F0F integration.
Coding is now a piece of cake

Blank screen after component inst. in Joomla 3.4 28 Feb 2015 15:28 #12864

• Ferm
  • Thank you received: 6
I appreciate that it is not much fun fixing stuff that is broken because of a new release. The component I used is called "simle test" and it is the simplest component you can imagine.

Thanks for all your hard work j-cook is an amazing achievement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Blank screen after component inst. in Joomla 3.4 28 Feb 2015 15:28 #12865

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
  • Thank you received: 984
Fixed.
you can regenerate and override :
helpers/loader.php
for all your components.

And because I am kind, for those who didn't renewed their subscription :

Line 85, before
CkJLoader::register('JSubMenuHelper', JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR .DS. "includes" .DS. "toolbar.php", true);
Write :
if (version_compare($version->RELEASE, '3.0', '<'))
Coding is now a piece of cake
Last Edit: 28 Feb 2015 15:31 by admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jcombuilder
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Get Started