Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [FIXED] Brick title missing in builder

Brick title missing in builder 16 Jun 2015 16:26 #13273

• Ferm
  • Thank you received: 6
Maybe I am missing something but I can't find anywhere to specify the title for a brick. This is the case both in the item and collection view.

My old titles (appears as comments, not titles) are still there but I can't change them or enter new ones.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Brick title missing in builder 17 Jun 2015 11:33 #13275

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
  • Thank you received: 984
A brick is a sub template. There is no way to set a title on it. Only for forms so it displays in a 'legend' tag of the fieldset.
For other bricks, you have to fork the templates.
Coding is now a piece of cake

Brick title missing in builder 17 Jun 2015 12:25 #13277

• Ferm
Thanks for your quick answer. I am forking the templates so there is not problem going forward.

It used to be possible to specify a title for the grid or tool bar brick in a collection view. That title came out as a comment in the template file. See post 12902. My problem is that I put some titles in before version 2.7 and I now can't remove the comments they generate. Do you know how I can do that?

Thanks for your help!

Brick title missing in builder 08 Jul 2015 11:51 #13312

• Ferm
Sorry to go on about this but I just discovered that the label is done for the fly bricks in the item view as well. So when I design an item view, a form brick can have a label but not a fly brick can not. Both have the CSS and alias options but only the form has the label.

I realise that I can fork the template and insert the labels manually, but it was a very convenient feature. Can we please have it back?
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Get Started