Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [FIXED] Adding or removing fields to a table breaks the whole screen

Adding or removing fields to a table breaks the whole screen 20 May 2015 16:25 #13127

• msantana
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, for the last couple days we have been unable to make any updates to our component. The new version you released is all broken, completely useless!

Some of the issues I have:

1. Unable to add a table ID in a collection view grid
2. Unable to add Published field into a filter combo box
3. Adding or removing fields to a table breaks the whole screen
4. Every few minutes I get the "Invalid Token" error
MS - Lyquix
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adding or removing fields to a table breaks the whole screen 20 May 2015 16:37 #13128

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
  • Thank you received: 984
This upgrade has took 10 months to be achieved. There are a lot of changes and the collateral damages was predictable.

You are not supposed to build your component and put it straightway in production. So you might have still your previous version of your component, and you can work with it for the moment. It is just a question of few days for stabilization.

Please let me some time to fix the issues you encounter, I am here available for you.

And if unfortunatly you are really unappy, I can extend your account for the time of the prejudice.

Hold on, I am gonna fix that.
Thank you for your precious patience.
Coding is now a piece of cake

Adding or removing fields to a table breaks the whole screen 20 May 2015 17:21 #13129

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
1. Fixed.

2. Did you tried to use the 'State' filter ?

3. What do you mean ? Graphical or error ?
Can you provide some more details ?
PTL ? (Project / Table / Layout)

4. Yes. It has been announced and if you cannot wait few seconds and take a breath, then refresh the page. All your context and opened tabs is stored in session, the builder is now fast to load. It is not a big deal for the moment.
Drag'n'drop is making you life so easy already, please be kind and be patient I am working on that also, but the priority is to stabilize the version for the moment.

Adding or removing fields to a table breaks the whole screen 21 May 2015 15:00 #13145

• msantana
  • Thank you received: 1
There is no need to be pedantic with your customers. We are not putting the component directly to production, we are trying to continue development and the current issues are prevent us from moving forward. This has been going on for several days. It may have taken you 10 months to develop this upgrade, but the fact is that it has several bugs and shows inadequate testing and debugging on your part. There are several approaches on addressing the challenge, but talking down on your paying customers is not the best one.

1. Thank you
2. It works, thank you
3. See attached screenshots. This happens after adding and removing fields from a table.
4. It is not a matter of taking a breath and waiting a moment, work and time is wasted every time our changes are gone after this error shows up.
MS - Lyquix

Adding or removing fields to a table breaks the whole screen 21 May 2015 18:05 #13150

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
Attachments are not allowed in this forum. Can you please host it somewhore and place it here ?

I am really sorry for inconveniency.
Cook is far from beiing perfect. What to say about Joomla ??...

I think all this environment is semi-professional and I do not pretend more as far as I work alone.
Cook is not advertised anywhere for the moment, and the paid used are here to help and sustain the growing project.

Yes I did a lot a tests, you can't imagine. But still it always remains something because during the tests I can add something in the code that break some other test I did before.

I do not know how to set up unit tests that runs more easily, so all the tests are manuals.
I do not consider my users as beta tester. And I can refund anybody who is not happy or extend your account.

Please help to furnish more informations about your problems and I promise you to fix them as fast as I can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MorganL

Adding or removing fields to a table breaks the whole screen 21 May 2015 22:42 #13161

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
4. No changes are lost if you wait 20s.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MorganL

Adding or removing fields to a table breaks the whole screen 25 May 2015 13:23 #13177

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
4. Should be better now.
Tokens are now stored in file because session has a major problem, I've just discorered it now. I can share with you :

In PHP, when you store in $_SESSION var, it seems that the values is really stored (and available) only after the end of execution of the script who is involved for writing in this session. It is not possible to access a session var in the same time by another script, until the first one is finished.

It is maybe considerated as normal, but for tokens is it generating collisions.
So now it is handled by file, and for the moment I didn't encountered this problem again.

For your other problem, I am really sorry, but I cannot see that, and nobody is complaining about such issue.
So, I would prefer you open a new ticket for this particular problem (3.)

For the moment I close the ticket
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Get Started